Amateur Radio Exams in Fresno
Unlicensed Thru Extra Class
Sponsored By: The Fresno Volunteer Examiner (VE) Team
and the Fresno Amateur Radio Club
ARRL VEC – American Radio Relay League
Testing info for 2011
Exams for all Amateur license classes will be conducted on the following dates in Fresno California. All exams are given on Saturday and begin at 9:30 AM.
- February 12
- May 14
- August 13
- November 10
Exams are held in the community room.
- Google Map Directions
- From Highway 99 South of Fresno – exit Clovis Ave. Go north to Shaw and turn left on Shaw to Minnewawa. Turn right on Minnewawa and then left to the Mobile Home Park.
- From Highway 41 or Highway 99 North of Fresno – take Shaw Ave. exit, turn right (East), to Minnewawa Ave and turn left. Then turn left into the Mobile Home Park.
Theory exams are multiple choice. Priority mail is used to send paperwork to ARRL, who sends data to FCC via electronic mail, thus assuring the fastest possible service on new licenses, which typically arrive in about two weeks.
Bring (MUST HAVE):
- Two ID’s, one with photo
- Taxpayer ID Number (Social Security Number), or FCC Registration Number (preferred)
- Fee $15.00 per test session. Bring Exact change please
- Original and copy of Amateur License
- Original and copy of CSCE’s, if upgrading
Talk in on 146.94 repeater.
Walk in’s only, no pre-registration.
Charles – W6DPD