August 25, 2012
Showcasing at the Tokyo Ham Fair 2012, the Icom IC-7100 HF/VHF/UHF Amateur Radio Transceiver
Icom Inc. have shown a new sample of a revolutionary HF/VHF/UHF Amateur Radio Mobile Transceiver with touch screen control called the IC-7100 at the Tokyo Ham Fair 2012.
The IC-7100 is a HF+6m+VHF+UHF all mode compact radio with an innovative slanted touch-screen LCD controller. A first for an Icom transceiver, the IC-7100 is designed to the 70MHz band in European versions where 70MHz is open to Amateur radio enthusiasts. To maintain its commitment to D-STAR, all versions of the IC-7100 will come with standard D-STAR DV mode.
Since the launch of the original IC-706 in 1995, Icom has been leading the market of HF/VHF/UHF multi-band mobile radios. The popularity of vehicular mounted amateur radios may not be as high as the times of the IC-706 series, but the IC-7100 has been carefully designed to reignite Amateurs’ interest in mobile communications and brings digital communication opportunity to a wider range of radio Amateurs.
Planned Features include:
- Slanted front separated controller with large touch screen dot matrix LCD (controller cannot be attached to body front)
- Speaker is self contained inside the controller
- Full mode (SSB, CW, AM, FM, RTTY decode) and D-STAR DV
- HF (100W) / 50MHz (100W) / 70MHz (50W) / 144MHz (50W) / 430MHz (35W) (Note: Power may be different according to version. The 70MHz band is available for some versions only)
- Lower current consumption / cooler operation (compared with the IC-7000)
- SWR meter function also works for VHF and UHF bands
- Remote power on / off
- IF DSP for filtering / interference removal / noise reduction
- SD memory card slot, voice recording
- USB Audio In / Out, remote control
- +/- 0.5ppm frequency stability
- 505ch memory channels
Further details about its features and options have been made available on a Pre-release product information sheet. The IC-7100 Pre-release information can be downloaded on this page.
A high resolution picture of the IC-7100 can be downloaded from our image bank. Click here to enter our image bank.
At the moment we do not have any information about release date or price but please stay tuned to www.icomuk.co.uk for more official details.
Icom Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to view the pre-release marketing information for the IC-7100.