JVC Kenwood Co., Ltd. will release 70 special limited HF / 50 MHz transceiver “TS-590SG 70” with a “TRIO” logo as a model commemorating the 70th anniversary of Kenwood establishment from mid September. The price is 240,000 yen (tax excluded). Reservations will be accepted from July 24th to September 6th at a ham shop that handles the company’s radio.
The Alinco DJ-G29T is once again available in limited production. Grab this popular HT for the very last time while it last. Support Dual Band 220/900MHz. will not be reproduced again. Available on Newegg.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Huntsville, Alabama, November 22, 2016 — GigaParts announced today the release of five new models of amateur radios manufactured by Hytera. Highly regarded in land mobile radio for their quality, durability and innovation, Hytera dominates the DMR and Tetra markets in the US and the rest of the world. Hytera is the largest radio manufacturer to enter the amateur radio market in North America.
New KX2 radio to be announced this Thursday at the Dayton Hamvention 2016
Hello to all,
We are please to announce a new radio to complement the KX3 and the KX-Line. Here are the details.
What: Elecraft announces the KX2, Ultra-portable radio
When: Thursday, May 16th, 1300Z
Where: Four Days In May QRP event, part of the Dayton Hamfest activities
Elecraft is excited to announce a new radio targeting the Ultra-portable market with a Fit-In-Your-Pocket size. Please see the attached brochure for details.
- KX2: $749.00
- Options and accessories: Please see the table below for pricing. Also see the FAQ for details.
Distributors are encouraged to order both the KX2 and accessories now. The KX2 is already in production and early ordering will ensure your position for deliveries.
Note that the KX2 will be available in full, factory-built form only. There will be 2 internally-installed options available immediately. See the FAQ for more details.
Marketing Collateral Available
You will find a new section in the Elecraft Egnyte repository that contains:
- The attached brochure in editable form for you to translate and convert to local printing formats.
- A KX2 Date Sheet
- A KX2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in editable form
- Hi Resolution images for use with your marketing and web site content
Special Note on the new KX2 Battery and Charger system
- Elecraft will be stocking the KXBT2 (Li-ion Battery) and the KXBC2 (Li-ion Charger) for your to order.
- We have also arranged for you to purchase both items directly from our supplier, Tenergy (www.tenergy.com)
- Please see the attached document, KX2 Battery info v1.0, with the details.
Along with many of the Elecraft team, I’ll be in Dayton to launch the KX2 but will be able to answer questions as needed.
Again, we are excited to offer you increased business opportunities with the KX2 launch!
January 1, 2016
For more than 4 decades, the name Ramsey Kits has been synonymous with some of the neatest and the greatest electronic products and hobby kits for the do-it-yourself hobbyist. In those 40+ years, we always thought “outside the box” when we designed a new kit, making us known worldwide as the number one hobby kit manufacturer.
Dishtronix, an electronics design and manufacturing company, has purchased the assets of Amateur Radio equipment manufacturer TEN-TEC from RKR Designs. The company, headquartered in Bellefontaine, Ohio, manufactures and, among other things, makes and markets the “Prometheus” solid-state Amateur Radio amplifier. No formal announcement has been made by either company, and details of the purchase are still being finalized. RKR Designs announced last April 2 that it had acquired the assets of TEN-TEC and Alpha Amplifiers from RF Concepts, less than 1 year after the two lines had merged under the RF Concepts in an asset sale. Dishtronix owner Steven M. “Mike” Dishop, N8WFF, told ARRL that, while TEN-TEC has had different owners over the years, he is in it for the long haul.
August 22, 2014
Yaesu FT-991 to be Released at Tokyo HAM FAIR 2014
We have been seeing the following specifications for what seems to Yaesu’s latest All-mode HF rig coming to the market. Here is the information we have been able to glean from the internet:
We are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new product, The FT-991 HF/50MHz/VHF/UHF Base Station Transceiver. The Yaesu FT-991 Transceiver is capable of operating SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet and System Fusion C4FMDigital. The legendary tradition of Yaesu design is a legacy of excellence established decades ago, providing quality, stability and durability. The Yaesu FT-991 is designed for the most competitive operating situations, with a suite of new features to’enhance the experience. Whether you primarily operate at home, mobile or in the field, the FT-991 will provide outstanding fundamental performance and an inviting expansion into a full featured base station.
Please refer below for more information on the features of the new FT-991. We will release the new FT-991 at the Tokyo HAM FAIR in 2014.
- 160 Meters through 70 Centimeters – SSB/CW/FM/C4FM Digital/AM/RTTY/PSK
- 100 Watts (2 Meter / 70 Centimeter: 50 Watts) of Solid Performance
- 3.5 inch TFT Full-Color Touch Panel Operation for Superior Operability and Visibility
- High Speed Spectrum Scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-Scope Control) built-in
- Roofing Filter 3 kHz and 15 kHz
- High Accuracy TCXO ±0.5 ppm and high resolution DDS and PLL local oscillator
- 32-bit High Speed Floating Point IF DSP
- IF WIDTH and IF SHIFT provides great QRM Rejection
- CONTOUR, DNR, IF Notch and APF (Audio Peak Filter, CW only)
- 160 – 6 Meters High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included
September 17, 2012
Wouxun KG-UV920R Dual-Band Mobile is Finally Available!
There have been rumors floating around the internet for about a month now but it seems that the highly anticipated offering from the Chinese manufacturer Wouxun is now available from dealers. The Dual-band KG-UV920R radio is being sold byfor $365.00 shipping included!
August 25, 2012
Showcasing at the Tokyo Ham Fair 2012, the Icom IC-7100 HF/VHF/UHF Amateur Radio Transceiver
Icom Inc. have shown a new sample of a revolutionary HF/VHF/UHF Amateur Radio Mobile Transceiver with touch screen control called the IC-7100 at the Tokyo Ham Fair 2012.
The IC-7100 is a HF+6m+VHF+UHF all mode compact radio with an innovative slanted touch-screen LCD controller. A first for an Icom transceiver, the IC-7100 is designed to the 70MHz band in European versions where 70MHz is open to Amateur radio enthusiasts. To maintain its commitment to D-STAR, all versions of the IC-7100 will come with standard D-STAR DV mode.
Since the launch of the original IC-706 in 1995, Icom has been leading the market of HF/VHF/UHF multi-band mobile radios. The popularity of vehicular mounted amateur radios may not be as high as the times of the IC-706 series, but the IC-7100 has been carefully designed to reignite Amateurs’ interest in mobile communications and brings digital communication opportunity to a wider range of radio Amateurs.
Planned Features include:
- Slanted front separated controller with large touch screen dot matrix LCD (controller cannot be attached to body front)
- Speaker is self contained inside the controller
- Full mode (SSB, CW, AM, FM, RTTY decode) and D-STAR DV
- HF (100W) / 50MHz (100W) / 70MHz (50W) / 144MHz (50W) / 430MHz (35W) (Note: Power may be different according to version. The 70MHz band is available for some versions only)
- Lower current consumption / cooler operation (compared with the IC-7000)
- SWR meter function also works for VHF and UHF bands
- Remote power on / off
- IF DSP for filtering / interference removal / noise reduction
- SD memory card slot, voice recording
- USB Audio In / Out, remote control
- +/- 0.5ppm frequency stability
- 505ch memory channels
Further details about its features and options have been made available on a Pre-release product information sheet. The IC-7100 Pre-release information can be downloaded on this page.
A high resolution picture of the IC-7100 can be downloaded from our image bank. Click here to enter our image bank.
At the moment we do not have any information about release date or price but please stay tuned to www.icomuk.co.uk for more official details.
Icom Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to view the pre-release marketing information for the IC-7100.
May 24, 2011
Alinco announces new 220/902 MHz HT at Dayton Hamvention
Here’s an announcement that didn’t get a whole lot of attention at this year’s Dayton Hamvention: Alinco was soliciting opinions and suggestions for their new DJ-G29T handheld which covers two of the most rarely-used amateur bands: 220 MHz and 902 MHz.