Amateur Extra Training Class
The Fresno Area Mentors and Elmers group will be conducting a FREE PowerPoint based training course to prepare you for the Amateur Radio Extra license exam.
Classes will be held July 22 – August 9, 2014 as follows:
- July 22 – 6:30-9:00PM – Commission Rules / Operating Procedures
- July 29 – 6:30-9:00PM – Radio Wave Propagation / Amateur Practices
- July 31 – 6:30-9:00PM – Electrical Principles / Circuit Components
- Aug 5 – 6:30-9:00PM – Practical Circuits / Signals & Emissions
- Aug 7 – 6:30-9:00PM – Antennas & Transmission Lines / Safety
- Aug 8 – 6:30-9:00PM – Optional Review Session
- Aug 9 – 9:30AM – Exam Session
All Classes and Testing will be held at the Salvation Army Citadel, 1854 Fulton Ave, Fresno, CA (West side of Fulton – one block South of Divisadero)
Instruction is based upon the contents of either – ARRL – Extra Class License Manual – #5170 – $29.95
or the Gordon West / W5YI – Extra Class Study Manual – #GWEM-12 – $24.95
Copies can be ordered at www.arrl.org or www.w5yi.org.
To reserve your space in the class contact Rob Mavis – firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up here: fame.k6arp.org/sign-up-for-classes.
If you have questions contact Lew Roberts – email@example.com